Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Space Wolves Wolf Guard Terminator step by step - part seven

Hi,

Welcome to my next-to-last part of painting Space Wolves Wolf Guard Terminator diary. Today I'll show you how have I painted this tough guy's head. Head was primed with Skull White spray. On the beginning I've painted his neck with several watered down coats of Hawk Turquise paint, which was shaded with watered down Badab Black wash and highlighted with Ice Blue Paint on the top edges.





Next I've decided to paint hairs. I've got two options - red or blond. As this mini is an expirement for me I've decided for blond. I've start with watered down Bronzed Flash paint.


I've shaded hairs with Snakebite Leather and highlighted it mix of Bronzed Flash and Bleached Bone paint.


Last coat was a mix of Skull White and Bleached Bone painterd on the top elements.

As fot the skin I follow my standard painting-face-method, based on White Dwarf's article 'how to paint faces part one' (which is available via GW website). I've begun with Tallarn Flesh foundation paint.


Next I put two coats of shading. First one was watered down Dark flesh paint painted in recesses and after that I've used watered down Leviatan Purple wash.



Then I've started with highlighting. On the beginning I add small drops of Bleached Bone and Fortress Grey to Tallarn Flesh, and then I've started to add more and more Bleached Bone paint.




The eyes were painted on Skull White background. Eyeballs were painted with pure Chaos Black paint.



Yep, that's it for Today. Tomorrow you will see the last part of my tutorial. So check our blog around 10 a.m. local time.

Regards,
Gimiak

No comments:

Post a Comment