Monday, February 28, 2011

Gimiak's SRG log - day 11: Finishing main body

Hi,

I finally finished main body of my Stormraven Gunship. Yes. Next update of my SRG log will be on Saturday, when I will be working on cocpits, weapons and crew. Till then I've to clean all the elements. I've decided to make weapons on small magnets. This will be really helpful in a future. I'll always have an option to choose other guns. So far I've decided to give this flying monster Assault Cannon and Multi melta. For the first tiime ever, this Sunday I've and opportunity to test Blood Angels Stormraven Gunship wih Redav's sneaky Eldar. It work fine. Additionally I've tested Death Company Dreadnought. Also a nice thing. Good that on the beginning of my journej with BA I painted 10 Death Company models. ;)

As for painting, nothing special about this this time. Few elements on the top were painted according to my 'rusty goold' technique.










Regards,
Gimiak

6 comments:

  1. I have seen this best in person and I must say it looks cool. It fits the overall army theme because its weathered as if this vehicle was pulled from scrap and delivered to the battlefield. Now I’m waiting for the finished model and I’m eager to see this one often on our battlefields.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome model!
    Gimiak, I was wondering if you could share a step by step tutorial on how you are painting your BA Marines?

    Cheers

    Shurikn

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's possible, I think. But I'm not able to make it day-by-day starting tomorrow. Current I'm painting Stormraven Gunship (actually finishing him) and two dreadnoughts (DC, regular). So expect pics of these models in near future. I'm able to prepare that kind of tutorial for begining of April. I've a lot of termies to paint, so IMHO Blood Angels Terminator from Space Hulk will be a great example. Will it satisfied your needs? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be awesome my friend!
    I don't want to take too much of your time or to be a problem.
    Maybe can you only write the recipe? I can work work pretty well with an airbrush

    Regards,

    Shurikn

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will not be a problem. You just have to be a little bit patient. :)

    ReplyDelete